The United Arab Emirates: Human Rights in Crisis
The ICFUAE, in collaboration with the Arab Organisation for Human Rights (AOHR) will be hosting a seminar in Parliament to discuss the latest developments of human rights in the UAE.
WHEN: Monday 3rd July, 6.30-8pm
WHERE: Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, Westminster, London SW1A 2JR
The event will be chaired by Carl Buckley, Solicitor and Legal Adviser of the AOHR
- Rosie Garthwaite, Producer of BBC Documentary "Weapons of Mass Surveillance"
- Nawal Al Maghafi, Reporter of BBC Documentary "Weapons of Mass Surveillance"
- Cllr. David Haigh, Solicitor, UAE torture survivor, Former MD of Leeds United Football Club
- Drewery Dyke, Researcher, Middle East and North Africa programme, Amnesty International
- Sue Willman, Director of human rights law firm Deighton Pierce Glynn and member of the Human Rights Committee of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Ayham Al Endari, Businessman mistreated in UAE prison
Kindly hosted by Andy Slaughter MP.