Wish jailed Emirati human rights defender, Ahmed Mansoor, a happy birthday on Twitter
ICFUAE are encouraging everyone to send birthday wishes to the prominent Emirati human rights activist Ahmed Mansoor on Monday, 22 October using the hashtag #BirthdayWishes4Ahmed.
Although this will not be a happy day for Ahmed or his family, it is important for us to show him solidarity and to raise his case on his birthday.
Ahmed Mansoor, who earlier this year was sentenced to 10 years in prison for posts on social media, is a member of the advisory committee of both Human Rights Watch and the Gulf Center for Human Rights.
Here are some guidelines to follow for the action:
1. Send your tweets on Monday, 22 October (or use Instagram or Facebook). You can tweet or post whenever you like on this day.
2. On Twitter tag his Twitter account and also the Twitter accounts of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum @HHShkMohd, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and to Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash @AnwarGargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
3. Write in your tweets or other social media post what you wish for him on his birthday.
4. Please use the hashtag #BirthdayWishes4Ahmed. You can also use the general hashtag #FreeAhmed.
5. Please ask your friends and followers to join the campaign and help to raise awareness for him