Send Ahmed Mansoor Birthday Wishes on Twitter this Sunday
ICFUAE are encouraging everyone to send birthday wishes to the prominent Emirati human rights activist Ahmed Mansoor this Sunday 22 October using the hashtag #BirthdayWishes4Ahmed.
Although this will not be a happy day for Ahmed or his family, it is important for us to show him solidarity and remind him he is not alone.
Here are some guidelines to follow for the action:
1. Send your tweets on Sunday, 22 October (or use Instagram or Facebook). You can tweet or post whenever you like on this day.
2. On Twitter tag his Twitter account and also the Twitter accounts of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum @HHShkMohd, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and to Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash @AnwarGargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
3. Write in your tweets or other social media post what you wish for him on his birthday.
4. Please use the hashtag #BirthdayWishes4Ahmed. You can also use in addition the general hashtag #FreeAhmed.
5. If you want you can tweet pictures of flowers with your wishes.
6. Please ask your friends and followers to join the campaign and help to raise awareness for him.
Additionally if you are in London on 26 October, please join English PEN, Amnesty International, and ICFUAE among other organisations for a protest at 1pm outside the UAE embassy. See more details here